Help raise awareness about organ donation and transplantation and bring attention to this life-saving work by creating a giving page to:
- Encourage your friends and family to become organ donors and learn more about organ donation.
- Share your passion for organ donation and transplant.
- Spread the word about the work that UNOS does every day to improve the transplant and donation system.
Why does UNOS
need your support?
- More than 113,000 people are on the waitlist for an organ today.
- A new person is added to the list every 10 minutes. Today, 18 candidates will die waiting for an organ.
- Every day about 100 lives are saved by organ transplant, but we think this number should be higher. You can make that happen.
- Complex challenges exist within transplantation that require innovative solutions. Organ preservation, transportation, logistics, and transplant data management are all areas in need of research funding.
- With 35 years of experience as the nation’s transplant system and decades of data, UNOS is uniquely situated to address these problems, but we can’t do it alone.
Your support and the awareness you raise for organ donation through your giving page helps UNOS save more lives through improvements to the organ donation and transplant system. Thank you.